RockIT88 (Pty) LTD, My-Safe-Zone.com and My Safe Zone app (“RockIT88,” “My Safe Zone”, “us,” “we,” or “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in connection with your use of our website, www.my-safe-zone.com (the “Website(s)”), applications (“Apps”) and other products, services and features of these websites and applications (the Website, the Apps and such other products, services and features are collectively referred to in this document as the “Product” or “Products”, which may be updated from time-to-time at the sole discretion of RockIT88).
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how we will collect, use and disclose your personal information. If you have a privacy or data use concern that we have not explained clearly enough, please contact us.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Personal information including, your name, e-mail address, telephone number, information about your usage of the Products and information collected by tracking technologies (see below) that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you.
- RockIT88 does not collect or process credit or debit card information. Apple and Google collect this information with respect to in-app purchases made through the Apps.
- Facebook profile information, such as name, email address, and Facebook ID, if you choose to log in to the Products through Facebook.
- Device Information such as operating system version, device type, and system performance information.
- Information collected via tracking technologies, as fully described below
OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will communicate with you via e-mail and notices within our Product. This may include a series of welcome emails. Should you choose to subscribe to the paid version of our Product, we will send account related emails to you.
OUR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
There are some circumstances in which we will share your information to selected third parties without further notice to you, this may include but is not limited to:
- Business Transfers: As we grow our business we might sell or buy business or assets. Should we decide to sell our business then we may transfer your personal information to the new owners.
- Service providers and Third-Party Services: we sometimes hire other companies or individuals to perform business-related services. When we hire these companies we may need to provide them with certain information (eg email addresses for an email blast) for them to perform these services.
- Legal requirements: We may also disclose your personal data if required to do so by law.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 and do not target our website or services at children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13 you will need permission from your parent or legal guardian to use our services. If you have reason to believe we are holding information provided by someone who is younger than 13 please let us know so that we can delete their information.
RockIT88 and our analytics partners use technologies like cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts to enable a service to recognize your device. This means you don’t have to provide the same information several times during one task, and we use it to measure how people are using the Products.
We use local storage, such as HTML5, to store content and preferences. Third-parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on the Products also use HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5.
We partner with third-parties, such as Facebook and Google, to manage our advertising of the Products on other sites or platforms as well as across your other devices based on your past visits to our website. These third-party partners may use technologies like cookies to gather information about your activities within the Products to deliver such advertising to you, such as retargeting ads. We will acquire consent from you in order to use such trackers for advertising purposes to the extent required by applicable law. We currently do not respond to do-not-track signals.
We use third-party trackers to let us know when users have visited our Products by “clicking-through” our sponsored advertising or content hosted on third-party platforms.
Our Products use Google Analytics code to gather statistical information. Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the Products and the volumes of usage of the Products. This is done to ensure that the Products are available when you want them and are fast. For more information on how Google Analytics processes this information, visit www.google.com/analytics.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our app on your device. This software may record information such as how often you engage with the Products, the events that occur within the Products, aggregated usage and performance data, and where the App was downloaded from. We may link the information we store within the analytics software to any personal information you submit within the mobile application.
As true of most websites, we gather certain information and automatically and store it in log files. This information may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
If you receive the HTML-formatted version of our email newsletter, your opening of the newsletter is notified to us and saved. Your clicks on links in the newsletter are also saved. These and the open statistics are used in aggregate form to give us an indication of the popularity of the content and to help us make decisions about future content and formatting.
Last updated: 30 May 2019